One of the best festivals and car show you'll attend! September 27-29, 2024
Your One-Stop Vehicle Reconditioning Center servicing all your reconditioning needs including SPECIALIZED DETAILING, auto body, paint protection, Interior repair, high-performance Coatings & so much more!
The Board of Directors of the Illinois Route 66 Mother Road Festival along with Greg Cooper and Shane McDermith would like to welcome you! We hope you find everything you’re looking for regarding this year’s festival on this site.
Rex Bangert, Board President
The cars, the music, the fun and nostalgia that Route 66 has brought to generations will return for a 23rd year, rolling into historic downtown Springfield September 27th - 29th.
The show is locally managed by Greg “Coop” and Sue Cooper, with operations headed by Shane “Shaner” McDermith. Keeping the show local and focused on a community feel with much of the tradition that the Mother Road Festival has become known for, is top priority in 2024.
· Recon Techs Springfield presents the Friday night (September 27) Rt 66 City Nights Cruise with up to 2,000 classic cars cruising into downtown Springfield also benefitting Crimestoppers!
· Enjoy live music Friday and Saturday nights at the Isringhausen Imports main stage at 6th & Washington.
-Friday, 8-10pm – Band tbd
-Saturday, 1-3pm – Band tbd
-4-6pm – Band tbd
-8-10pm – Band tbd
· Not to be missed – the Isringhausen Imports Burnout Competition – Saturday afternoon at 3pm at 7th & Washington. Register at 7th & Washington at 2:30pm.
· Springfield Vintage presents the Miss Mother Road Pageant on Saturday at the Isringhausen Main Stage
· Admire the spectacular automotive eye candy in the “Monet of Cars” featuring cars from Dick Levi on Saturday and Sunday near 6th & Monroe.
· Check out the awesome Isringhausen showcase of cars on Saturday and Sunday near 6th & Adams.
· Old Capitol Farmers Market on Saturday Morning. Fresh local produce and goods to enjoy sponsored by Downtown Springfield, Inc.
· Register your ride for a chance to be awarded on the top honors. Show will be judged by CASI certified national judges.
· Need info on the show or want to check out official car show souvenirs, stop by our official Rt66 Mother Road booth next to Recon Techs at 5th & Adams.
DON'T FORGET! Grab the free Explorer Passport and visit our Living Legends & Landmarks of Route 66 throughout Springfield. Passports are available at the Springfield Visitors Center, Lincoln Home Visitor Center, Lincoln Presidential Museum & Dana-Thomas House.
Do you have questions or comments about the event? Do you need special accommodations? Send us a message, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.